Monday, July 30, 2007

A Taste of Home

Sadie and I went up to the mountains this weekend. We wandered around by Lake Alexander on Grand Mesa. Sadie had a blast - so many new smells! As for me, I almost cried I was so glad to be back in the mountains, by a lake. Mountains with rocks and trees and flowers, not dirt and cactus. Man, I hate cactus.



Sadie ran all over smelling stuff. We didn't stay long because it started to rain. Good thing,
because apparantly she wore herself out. She slept all the way home.



It's like having a kid.
(I know, I'm a total dork, but I love my dog. What can I say?)


I took a bunch of pictures - here's a taste of Colorado for those of you who might be missing it as much as I was.










Dad - I tried to take a picture so you could see for 50 miles, but none of them really turned out. Sorry, I guess you'll have to come home and see it for yourself!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Thank you, Betsy. Great pictures.
When we get home, we will take you to the part of the mountains that actually belongs to us...no lake though.
Sadie is really cute. She has long legs, guess she will be a big dog.
Mom

Lea said...

Lovely pictures, thanks. By the way, lots of people treat their dogs like they were kids. My kids don't get it when they ask for a dog and I say "No, I already have enough babies."