Monday, July 9, 2007

Puppies, Puppies Everywhere!

I had the most interesting experience on Saturday. I've had this sinus infection that totally kicked my butt, so Saturday was the first day I'd been out of bed for a while. I went to Walmart to replenish my food supplies, and as I was walking in, I passed some people with a puppy in a cardboard box.

I love puppies. I mean, I love puppies. I've been wanting a dog for ages, but I've never been able to justify the expense. But I love them! So of course, I stopped to see and pet the puppy in the box. And I swear, this sweet little thing just looked up at me and said, "Take me home with you."

I melted. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a cute face. So now I am the proud puppy-mother of Sadie, a boxer mix/whatever (her mom is a boxer mix, but they don't know what her dad was. I'm thinking lab, maybe?). She's adorable and sweet, pretty shy and kind of a coward; I'm in love.


I'm not the only one around Delta Animal Health that has fallen prey to big brown puppy eyes lately. Lee Cook recently got a puppy himself. His name is Buddy, and he follows Lee everywhere. Lee pretends to think he's a pain in the rear, but it's obvious Cook adores his new dog.



Buddy and Sadie seem to get along pretty well; meaning they bite at each other all the time. Jodie (Dale's dog) is suspicious of them both and generally stays out of the way. Poor guy, he's just not a fan of all these young 'uns. If Dale tries to leave him at home, he'll walk 10 miles from her house down to the store.

Lee also got a new truck, which he promptly got stuck in the mud while hauling hay.


Delta Animal Health is just overrun with puppies! No one seems to mind, though. For a dog lover, it's just about the best place to work. Plus, we get food and vaccines for cheap.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Thank you, Betsy, nice blogging! I can see why you fell for Saddie... a cute little mongrel.

Betsy said...

She's not a mongrel! She's my baby! Thanks for commenting - is it inappropriate to point out you're the only one who did?